> Performance was a 7 req per sec... :( While clean perl - 24.
>
> > For other benchmarks, check out:
> >   http://www.chamas.com/hello_world.html

Make sure that your MaxRequests is set high, so you aren't
counting the runtime script compile time, which you would likely
do away with by pre-compiling with Apache::ASP->Loader() in
production, and that your benchmark runs for long enough to
have the script compiled in all your httpd children for a while.

Also make sure there isn't a global.asa in Global that
might be getting picked up and compiled along with the
test script.

On both my Solaris & WinNT box I found no more than 1/2
performance loss for the "Hello World" benchmark between
mod_perl and Apache::ASP, and your longer script should
make this difference less, so I'm trying to help account
for this discrepancy.

--Joshua
NODEWORKS >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA