"Anthony Gardner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm not sure if I'm being a bit fussy here, or indeed banging my head
> against a wall but can users of these mailing lists make the Subject part of
> the msg more descriptive.
>
> This will help readers to scroll through quicker and to read what is
> relevant to them at the time.
>
> For example, "make test fails" or "Query", or "I have a problem", or "Help"
> aren't really very descriptive.
>
> Also, as most of us are on several mailing lists, maybe a prefix of some
> sort would be handy. MP for mod_perl or AMP Apache/mod_perl or XML for

I agree with your first point but not the second.  Every message on
the list already contains sufficient information about its origin, in
other headers.  You will be much happier if you use a mailreader that
can sort mail into separate groups based on return-path, or use a
preprocessor like procmail to do it.