> When I told that ASP slower than Embperl - Joshua Chamas said that he know
> it, but was surprised by huge difference, he tuned the ASP, I upgraded
> Embperl to 1.2b9 and results interchanges.

If you tune Embperl (set EMBPERL_OPTIONS to 8083), the result interchange
again, but you loose some of the Embperl features. With simple scripts the
Embperl speed will double...

It depend's which features you need and which you can disable. That's the
same for Embperl and ASP (e.g. turning State on in ASP will draticly slow it
down, at least in my tests).

Gerald

P.S. I also check Embperl 1.2b10 against 1.1.1, in my tests 1.1.1 is about
10% faster.

EMBPERL_OPTIONS = 8083 ->

optDisableVarCleanup
optDisableEmbperlErrorPage