Hi Ken.

Thank you again.

> Perhaps it got untied in some previous run of the server.  As a
> simple test, you might try restarting the server and testing
> whether it also happens on the first request, possibly even
> running in -X mode.

I tried it. It is unset on the first request too. It is even unset
in the first request when i start apache with -X.

I tested this also with Embperl ([+ tied(*STDOUT) +]). It's unset to
(no surprise).

Can the sfio Library i compiled perl with be a problem?
I've compiled perl with sfio for historical reasons (was required
earlier for FastCGI and such). But i think this shouldn't be a
problem.

Because on my installation PerlHandlers seem to work (Embperl und
such),
even *STDOUT isn't tied, i came to the idea to untie *STDOUT in the
last
Filter (instead of tieing it to the stored value ('old_stdout').

I replaced "tie *STDOUT, $info->{'old_stdout'};" with "untie
*STDOUT;" and
tested it. It works. Is this a bad idea with more problems to rise,
or a
usable workaround?

Thanks.

--
Roland Alder, Doerfli 3 / Schmidweg, CH-8634 Hombrechtikon
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], WWW: http://galaxy.ch/roli/