"Miguel A.L. Paraz" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying out Apache::Session for the first time, with this bit of code
> adapted from the manual:
>

> But when I run this script, inside the /perl directory handled by
> Apache::Registry, the httpd process dies, and error_log reports:
>
> [Sun Oct 17 21:40:06 1999] [error]      (in cleanup) DBD::Pg::st execute failed:
>ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""

This is because the DBIStore insert the encoded session data as
binary data. PostgreSQL doesn't like that. You have to modify
Apache::Session::DBIStore (or better implement a PGStore)
to uuencode the session data. You can use for that MIME::Base64
or better yet

pack( "u*" ) and unpack ( "u*" ).

I have a Apache::Session::DBIUUStore that does just that
and that I use for similar reason. I also added a last_update
field to the table which tracks the last update to the session
data. Email me if you want it. (Available on perl licensing terms)

Hope this helps.

--
Francis J. Lacoste                   iNsu Innovations Inc.
Vice-Président développement          Tél.: (514) 336-5544