hi there,

1. Is there a easier way, I mean more transparent way to cache Tie to
DBM files (I need READONLY).
Something like "use Apache::DBI" in startup.pl file  and then when I use
"tie" or whatever ... if there is cached connection to get it instead
creating new one, will this improve the speed very much. (I read
mod_perl manual,  but I want something simple for usage :")).

2. How big the DBM file can be .... for ex. what size Celeron300/128MB
can handle fast enought, does anyone made some experiments. (At the
moment I can't use real DB, cause I'm doing this over telnet connection
:"(, and is very hard to configure a real one DB with all necesary
stuff).

3. When I try to use
 tie %xxx,......, $DB_BTREE ....;
or
 tie %xxx,......, $DB_HASH ....;

I get the following error:
" type parameter is not a reference at /usr/lib/perl/..../DB_File.pm
line 255"

(RH6)
If I doesn't specify the type explictly there is no error. What I'm
doing wrong.

Thanx alot in advance.
=====
iVAN