Some comments on the two example pages mentioned on this list.

* http://www.novia.net/~marnold/mod_perl/sample_3/

I can enjoy the graphics, but the site does not appear to be
Lynx friendly -- this is a must IMHO when access might be
without graphics (slow connections, expensive connections).
Also, the page requires Javascript to show the images correctly.
(Another IMHO) bad default.

Also, the graphical navigation can be a pain to maintain -- when
new categories are added, more work is involved.

* http://www.knowscape.org/modperl/

While this page does have some graphics, it is friendlier to
Lynx.  It's my personal favorite because it is more ``bookish''.
For me, it's one of those nice, simple designs I wish I could
think of without having to see it first.

The navigation is easier to expand, though the pages do have
graphical section headings.
--
James Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 409-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix