If you are going to print your own headers to mod_perl then you must
send the OK response header first like so :

print qq(HTTP/1.1 200 OK\n) ;
print qq(Content-Type: text/html\n\n);

If you do not mod_perl says 'Hey, I did not get a valid header!' and
goes about printing its own before it even looks at what you are
outputting.

I generally use CGI.pm and its $q->header method which solves the
problem in one easy line.

John-

>Hi,
>
>  I'm having problems with headers.  I know there is tons of stuff about
>headers in the archives but none that I could find matches my situation.
>
>  I have one script blah.cgi
>
>  use strict;
>
>  print qq(Content-Type: text/html\n\n);

With Perl your free to do The Right Thing, howver you care to define it.
  - Larry Wall , Programming Perl - 2nd Edition