At 10:33 -0800 1999-11-02, Tubbs, Derric L wrote:
>Is there a reasonably easy method to make sure that an entered date is
>valid, I.E. is not 30 Jan 99?  I am using Time::Local to convert a date
>entered through an HTML form into the epoch offset (or whatever you call it)
>and would like to make sure that valid dates are entered.  Thanks

This isn't on topic. Could people please stick to the list topic? If you
are looking for general perl help, please try other avenues.

Anyway, as you may already know, Time::Local does not reject impossible dates.

[neil@tux neil]$ perl -MTime::Local -e 'print scalar localtime ( timelocal
(0,0,0,30,1,1999) ) . "\n"'
Tue Mar  2 00:00:00 1999

As usual, if you have a problem you know other people have dealt with you
should always check the CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/> first.

Date::Calc has a check_date function.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Architect, Stylus Inc.           http://www.stylus.ca/