I am currently using the StarOffice HTML editor to edit my Embperl programs. The
problem I have is that it generates HTML that separates lines exceeding 80 characters
with a newline. This 'readability' feature has the effect of separating my perl
comments into two lines, which creates syntax errors on my perl code because the HTML
tag remover in Embperl will leave the extra newlines in place, making the right end of
my comment lines appear as barewords.

My comment lines are shorter than 80 chars, but the HTML generator is stupid and will
always precede them with long useless tags.

I'm using Embperl 1.2b7. Would this be a bug in Embperl, or has the tag remover been
kept simple for performance reasons?

Thanks,

Claudio.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is brought to you by
the Stanford Alumni Association and Critical Path.