On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:01:48PM +0000, Tim Bunce wrote:
> Has anyone experienced a situation where a process (httpd for example)
> can't reconnect to Oracle after a "shutdown abort"?

Thanks for your replies.

The problem reported to me which prompted this email has actually
proven to be a user script error. The old database handle was being
reused, rather than the new one returned from a fresh call to
DBI->connect after the shutdown and restart.

I'd be interested in seeing a DBI trace file (level 2) from anyone else
who thinks they have this problem. Please send me (directly, not to the
list) _just_ the part of the log that shows the original connect, the
point of failure (from the shutdown etc) and the failed attempt to
reconnect. Don't send the whole log.

Tim.