Hello all,
        We are looking to bring aboard a few web folks to get
cracking on this new application. The recruitment letter follows but
in brief its a pretty straightforward and fun project. There are some
puzzles to be solved but for the most part we have it really well
mapped out and are ready to roll with it. Looking to hire people in
an employee or contractor context, whatever suits the individual. It
would be better for everyone if you can work at the office since its
a pretty aggressive development schedule.

        The individual who comes on will work directly with me to
flesh out the underlying architecture and begin development. We will
then hire on additional engineers to bring the product to launch.  If
anyone is interested or knows of any good people please pass this on
to them and have them get in touch with me.

        Technically we are pretty much going with FreeBSD running the
latest and greatest of apache/modperl/mysql. All fun stuff to work
with that doesn't talk back very much.

        Located in Palo Alto, CA.

John-
VP, Technology
Xaca.com
-------------- Recruiting Speak Here-------------

Web Development Engineer

We're looking for a Web Development Engineer to help lead the web
development strategy for our ecommerce startup with the opportunity
to work on a tightly integrated, large scale web application in a
small, intimate team setting.  Development has yet to begin beyond
the planning stages so anyone involved at this early stage will be
able to mold and form the product as part of the group rather then
being assigned a task and asked to perform it. It will be a fun and
creative process with a reachable and exciting goal.  We are seeking
an individual with knowledge in some or all of the following areas:

- Perl or C in a UNIX environment
- SQL ( example : MySQL/PostGres/Oracle )
- Apache configuration/development
- Experience with backend architectures for web systems
- Experience working with or developing e-commerce packages
- Understanding of dynamic content delivery via the web
- Firm grasp on web development concepts and issues
- UNIX systems administration/performance tuning a plus
- Mod_perl development experience a plus

Xaca.com an angel funded Internet startup acting as a transactional
hub for a segment of the luxury/travel industry.  Xaca.com focuses on
streamlining the consumer experience to change the current
traditional business model for this segment.  Please email your
resume and salary requirements to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time.
        -Robert Kennedy