> Embperl doc states:
>
>  If you do not specify a default value for an input tag and a value
>  for that input tag is available in %fdat, Embperl will automatically
>  insert this value and send it to the browser.
>
> I find that this is not the case when the input tags are not inserted
> verbatim into the embperl file. Using the shortcuts in CGI to generate
> form fields for instance, and printing them to the OUT filehandle, as
> in
>  print OUT $q->textfield('name')
> does not seem to restore the field values upon reentry of the
> page. The same problem appears when I use something like
>  [+ $q->textfield('name') +]
>
> It looks as if this is not parsed by embperl the same way straight
> HTML is. Is this a limitation of embperl, or am I missing something ?

Your output is not parsed by Embperl. The INPUT tag has to be in your html
source to be recognized:

<INPUT [+ $foo +]>

works, but your example will not, but at least for GET requests CGI.pm will
do the same task already, without intervention of Embperl. If you want to
use this also with POST request you need to feed %fdat into the CGI.pm
object.

Gerald