According to Scott Chapman:
> I'm new to compiling my own software and attempting to get mod_perl
> and apache to work together.  I have Redhat 6.0.

Most Redhat versions have problems that go away if you compile
and install your own perl.

>  + doing sanity check on compiler and options
> ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
> ** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
> ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
> ** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
> ** will also provide a clue.
>  Aborting!

I think it is picking up the perl compiler options from the stock
version on your system, and it doesn't match the compiler that
is currently installed.  There may be an easier fix, but building
perl yourself should take care of it.  If you end up with perl
in /usr/local/bin, be sure to kill the old ones in /usr/bin and
replace them with symlinks to keep everything else happy.

  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]