hello, all

I am currently developing a simple mod_perl xml engine that replaces
proprietary xml packets embedded
in a web page with db content...no formatting just simple text. I have
just started and do not want to re-invent the wheel if a good package
exists out there.

My initial plan was to load up XML::Parser on server startup and write
modules that parsed certain pages for the proprietary tags and replaced
them with the desired content. Here are the caveats for this project:

1) I do not want the XML tags to show up in the html source once they
have been expanded.
2) I want the tags to be simple...Not embed perl type of processing.
3) I want the flexibility to embed sql queries, formatting elements or
whatever into my xml packets that will be interpreted by my module...

any suggestions?

-amen