This has tripped me up in the past as well.

While the preponderance of browsers support HTTP/1.1 features, they use
the lowest common denominator language, HTTP/1.0, to make requests.
Language extensions are permitted but it's all for the best that these
user agents don't report themselves as HTTP/1.1 compliant unless they
really are.

The request format object %r in mod_log_config is a wysiwyg item -- it's
the actual request.  I don't know of a way to log downgradings off hand;
they're instructions handed around the request obect as note, IIRC, so
you could write a mod_perl module to log those.  Other than that, this
isn't a mod_perl topic, so take it to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
going forward.
-Ian

Today, Jeffrey Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> frothed and gesticulated about Re: HTTP...:

--
Salon Internet                          http://www.salon.com/
  HTTP mechanic, Perl diver, Mebwaster, Some of the above