hi all,

    sorry for posting off-topic. Really. Shouldn't. Couldn't.

    I'm having a ****stupid**** problem with an 'upload file' CGI I
wrote based on the CGI.pm documentation.

    The code that is failing is at the end. The file is opened
succesfully for writing (I did try and write a string in it). The CGI
parameter is 'seen' by my script but the *magic* that makes it work both
as a string and as a filehandle is somehow broken.

    Weird enough, I have a standard file-upload that does work on the
same directories and files and from the same browsers. The script is
from http://www.terminalp.com/scripts/ , written by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.

    TIA.
====================
#!/usr/bin/perl

use CGI;
$| =1 ;

$query= new CGI;
print $query->header();

        # Copy a binary file to somewhere safe
        open (OUTFILE,">/net/projects/intercosta.net/vroot/upload/ul")
or print $!;
  $totalbytes=0;
  $filename = $query->param('uploaded_file');
        while ($bytesread=read($filename,$buffer,1024)) {
           print OUTFILE $buffer;
     $totalbytes += $bytesread;
        }
  close OUTFILE ;