Hi,

> We have a problem in using DBIx::Recordset module.
>
> Whenever we run the following script through Apache, the first
> invocation works fine. The second invocation causes Oracle
> to dump core. The script joins two tables (ie., destination
> and atomic_destination) and prints a column
> named DESTINATION_NAME from the first table. There is no problem,
> if I remove the join condition and Select and print the same
> column from the first table only.
>
> Another interesting observation is that this problem does
> not happen if we run the just the perl part of the script
> at command line, any number of times. Moreover, the
> problem does not occur if we disable caching of connections
> by apache. (i.e., by commenting out "PerlModule Apache::DBI" line
> in httpd.conf).
>
> The script is:

The script look ok. DBIx::Recordset is pure Perl, so it should never cuase a
core dump and if we watch the error message actually Oracle is core
dumping... I guess your mod_perl is compiled as dynamic module (with
USE_DSO) and _not_ linked staticly into Apache? I have seen weired behaviour
as soon as XS Code (like in DBI/DBD::Orcale) is involed in the past, when
this XS code is loaded at server startup time (PerlModule APache::DBI
actually does this). The best solution I see, build a staticly linked
mod_perl. If you really need a dynamic one, try to compile mod_perl with
PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK=1, this helps at least NT for the same problem.

> The versions of the dependant modules are:
>
> DBI: 1.11
> DBIx::Recordset: 0.18-beta

If you using Oracle I suggest, upgrading to the newest version, which could
be found at ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/dbi/dev

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151