> I got a strange problem: I succeed install and run embperl on my machine
> which everything works fine but I could not access any image file in my
> /var/www/htdocs/embperl_test or its sub-directories.
>
> I had three gif files there (blank.gif, minus.gif, plus.gif), but they
> could not be shown in a browser at
> http://esip.gmu.edu:8529/embperl_test/blank.gif.
>
> On the other hand, it works locally at
> file:/var/www/htdocs/embperl_test/blank.gif.
>
> Do you have any idea?

It does not make any sense to let Embperl process your gifs. So if you
configured mod_perl to process all files under embperl_test with Embperl,
you should tell Embperl for which files type it is responsible by setting
EMBPERL_FILESMATCH.

 EMBPERL_FILESMATCH
If specified, only files which match the given perl regular expression will
be processed by Embperl, all other files will be handled by the standard
Apache handler. This can be useful if you have Embperl documents and non
Embperl documents (e.g. gifs) cohabitating in the same directory.
EMBPERL_FILESMATCH works only under mod_perl.

 Example:
 # Only files which end with .htm will processed by Embperl
 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH \.htm$

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151