I think whenever you get advocacy posts then you see a flurry of posts.
If you don't like those types of posts, you usually pretty quickly
identify them by topic (currently it is the mod_perl programmers are in
demand subject line).. and can filter out...Delete delete delete...

I may be wrong, but I think the amount of techie info that flows across
this list is less than 20 typically? Or am I wrong?