At 08:47 PM 12/8/99 -0800, Alex Menendez wrote:
>I initially tried to do this by subclassing HTML::Parser and over-riding
>the usual methods. However, this
>was painfully slow.....even after chunking the files line by line.

You didn't mention how many different HTML files you need to parse, or
their size, so this may or may not work for you.  But on template files I
use I only read and parse them once per child, and use a cache to store the
most commonly used templates in the server process.  This works well if
just a few templates are used a vast majority of the time, and you have a
little extra memory available.

Bill Moseley
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]