From: Sam Tregar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 12:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Configuring Apache with <Perl> Problems

Hello all.  Two questions:

1) These two *look* equivalent:

<Perl>
$FilesMatch{'"^.*\.pl$"'} =
  {
    SetHandler => 'perl-script',
    PerlHandler => 'Apache::Registry',
    Options => '+ExecCGI'
  };
</Perl>

<FilesMatch "^.*\.pl$">
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::Registry
  Options +ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

but the second one works and the first doesn't.  When I try to use the
first one I get .pl files returned as text, as though the directive were
being ignored.  The second one works as expected - *.pl files are handled
by Apache::Registry.  Any ideas?

2) Is there any way to get the same warning/error messages from mistakes
in a <Perl> block that you do from "normal" configuration?  I'm thinking
particularily of the warnings you get from setting *SpareServers to
innapropriate values.

I'm working on a server that says "mod_perl/1.15 Red Hat Secure/2.0 (Unix)
mod_perl/1.15 mod_ssl/2.0.7 SSLeay/0.9.0b", in case that helps.

Thanks!
-sam