Hi,

Can folks please tell me what's the best way to pass large-ish amounts of
data between invocations of a CGI script. I want to solicit large-ish
sections of text and store them in a database. (So friends can maintain
their own web-pages.)

As I understand it, the user fills out the form (in my case, one of these
fields might contain several k of text), presses a button to submit, then
the CGI script is resubmitted to the server, then and only then can the
text be written to the database. I've mostly used param fields to pass
information between invocations of the script. But I've heard a rumor that
this might not work well, or possibly at all, if one of the parameters is,
say, 3k of (html) text.

I've also heard that with mod_perl there's some way to store info inside
server memory. Is this recommended? At what size of text?

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Mike H

Thanks for your help