On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've been sweating with this 1.3.6 apache and mod_perl 1.21, when I
> compile mod_perl, there is no problem, but when I tried to compile apache
> with mod_perl, there are so many errors and i couldn't make it work for so
> long now.  I've read the manual on the web and follow pace by pace, but
> can't get any luck out of it.. i've reinstall the perl with the new
> version of 5.005.62 and it still has the same error when I do the make  in
> /usr/local/apache . can anyone please help me? thank you.
>
> My mode_perl compile cofig:  perl Makefile.PL NO_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1
> my apache config:./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
>                              --activate-module=src/modules/php/libphp3.a \
>                              --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
>
> and when I run "make" the following is what i got.. lots of them..

try the steps from INSTALL.simple below.  you should using 5.005_03,
5.005_62+ requires the mod_perl cvs snapshot

#where APACHE_PREFIX is where you wish to have Apache installed
#e.g. APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache

% lwp-download http://www.apache.org/dist/apache_x.x.x.tar.gz

% lwp-download http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz

% tar -zxf apache_x.x.x.tar.gz

% tar -zxf mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz

% cd mod_perl-x.xx

# mod_perl will build Apache for you
% perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache

% make test && make install