I run a SSL enable intranet site, unfortunately a lot of
users try to get to the site using the http (instead of
https) protocol, this results in lots of the following
messages appearing in the log file:

[Tue Dec 21 16:44:46 1999] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake
failed: HTTP spoken on HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error
page (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Tue Dec 21 16:44:46 1999] [error] OpenSSL:
error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http
request [Hint: speaking HTTP to HTTPS port!?]

Is there anyway I can trap those situations send the users a
nice message and stop my error log being poluted? At the
moment this seems to result in a 404 being returned.

Kees