Hi,

Tried to get HTML::Mason working with mod_perl and had some trouble.  Went
to the mason-list archives and found a solution: build apache with mod_perl
static and not as a shared library.

I did that and all seemed well except when trying to start apache with
mod_perl directives in the configuration apache does not recognize them and
returns an error that the directives are not defined.

Went to the archives and found another person with the same problem but no
reply.  Seems that if all the modules are statically built everything works
fine.  I guess I will try this but am hoping there is another solution.

When running 'httpd -l' it does indeed show mod_perl built in.  Here are
the commands used when building mod_perl and apache (did not have run the
command as shown.  Listed like this for ease of reading).

________________________
__mop_perl-conf__
perl Makefile.PL
        APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.9/src
        DO_HTTPD=1
        USE_APACI=1
        PREP_HTTPD=1
        EVERYTHING=1
cd ../apache_1.3.9/src
make

Not sure if the make is necessary here but that's what it said in the
docs.  Also tried it without the make here and still did not work.
________________________
__apache-conf__
./configure
        --prefix=/usr/local/httpd
        --bindir=/usr/bin
        --sbindir=/usr/sbin
        --datadir=/usr/local/httpd
        --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd
        --mandir=/usr/man
        --logfiledir=/var/log
        --localstatedir=/var
        --libexecdir=/usr/lib/apache
        --proxycachedir=/var/cache/httpd
        --enable-module=all
        --enable-shared=max
        --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
        --enable-suexec
        --suexec-caller=wwwrun
        --suexec-userdir=public_html
        --suexec-uidmin=100
        --suexec-gidmin=100
        --suexec-safepath="/bin:/usr/bin"

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
   Stathy Touloumis, CTO - JASKE.COM 'innovative I/net'
                     JASKE.COM, Inc.