>> perl -V got me the following, BUT how do I tell if Perl modules:
        >> are installed?

        Personally my approach would be to just write a short script that
"used" those modules without actually calling anything and see what blows
up.

        #!/usr/bin/perl
        BEGIN{
                print join(",",@INC);
              # Just so I see what INC is set to...
        }
        use Digest::MD5;
        use Crypt::DES;
        use Crypt::CBC;

        exit(0);  # hardly necessary... but...

        I saw a code sniglet somewhere where you can do some sort of funky
eval statement that wraps up the "use" line to see if the module was loaded
successfully.  Look in the CPAN module source.  I think it was in there....

Peter L. Berghold      Lehman Brothers     Unix Engineering
Unix Architect         VOX: (201) 524-5018  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australian Cattle Dog Philosophy: "Seize the Cow! Bite the Day!"