Aaron Johnson wrote:

> Clay,
>
> Well I agree after seeing your startup.pl that the problem you are
> expriencing is not with the DSO, however from past posts with problems
> there are several modules that do not play well with DSO.

which ones?

in my experience i havent found any that can me out
Pg, Email::Valid
and my own have never cause major probs, such as memory leaks etc

well i guess its back to the table

> However as far as any problem with using the Red Hat distributed RPM
> of Apache and mod_perl on 6.1 I can not say, I always compile my own.

me too but i thought redhat was supposed to make these things easy!

lol

it would seem that the earlier mentioned broken apxs is indeed the prob:

(cd ./apaci && make install;)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/DrFrog/mod_perl-1.21/apaci'
/usr/sbin/apxs -i -a -n perl libperl.so
cp libperl.so modules/libperl.so
cp: cannot create regular file `modules/libperl.so': No such file or
directory
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/DrFrog/mod_perl-1.21/apaci'
make: *** [apxs_install] Error 2