We are using Embperl 1.2, Apache Session 1.3 (using
DBIStore/SysVSemaphoreLocker) with Oracle as the backend.

We've been observing periodic browser hangs which can be sporadically
replicated by hitting the same page in quick succession using the same
session id.  After doing that, updating %udat seems to cause the hang,
perhaps the server process is waiting to acquire a write lock (?).

Please note that we update the contents of %udat by calling a routine which
exists in a separate module, something like:
    [-
        updateSession(\%udat);
    -]

Are there any special considerations when doing something like that?  Or is
that plain silly?

Sorry for the lack of detail.  It's getting late in my part of the world.  I
will provide a more complete post tomorrow once we've had a chance to
experiment some more.  But in the meantime, any insights would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

PS. This seems related to a very recent post:
    "Apache::Session: hanging until alarm"
    (http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/ningsmyplar)