On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 01:33:05PM -0800, Nancy Lin wrote:

> That worked!  But can you tell me why it worked?
>
> Thanks

I think because you're using 401-type authentication below, both in
your httpd.conf and by returning AUTH_REQUIRED below which maps to a
401 error.

I'm not very familiar with proxy authentication, but I don't believe
mod_proxy supports "407 HTTP_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED" yet. It
says it supports up to HTTP/1.0 in the docs, and 407 is an HTTP/1.1
status code as far as I know. Maybe someone else can help here with
better info.

Chuck