Good question! I ran a test on my Linux box and it seems to work there,
anyway. The test repeatedly caused the cache to dump items by loading more
components that it could handle.  After a few iterations the process size
maxed out at 6 MB. So it looks like the subroutines do get freed.

If I get around to it at some point I'll cleanup and post the test program.

Jon