If I understand you correctly, you don't want to use mod_perl, just
Perl.
If so, the easiest way to use perl is to dowload ActivePerl (free) from
Activestate website http://www.activestate.com/ActivePerl/download.htm
It comes with great documentation, install it as per documentation.

If you wish to use CGI, the first line of each script should start with
#!x:/yyy/perl.exe
where x is the drive and yyy is the directory where perl.exe is.
This is known as the shebang line in the trade.

You should ejoin the activestate perl newsgroup at
http://www.activestate.com/lyris/lyris.pl?join=perl-win32-users

Best Rgds
Rod Butcher

--
Rod Butcher                 | "... I gaze at the beauty of the world,
Hyena Holdings Internet     | its wonders and its miracles and out of