> > Oh my ...
> > Indeed this happens. This is horrible ;o(
> > and make mod_perl unusable with NT web site with many visitors ;o(
> > How do you think - for intranet web application is it reasonable
> > to run few Apaches (with mod_perl)  on the same box ?
>
> yes, but as far as I know that isn't possible as service. You must start
> them from the DOS prompt. (I didn't look at this since 1.3.6, so there may
> change in 1.3.9)

In 1.3.9 you can register as many services as you want... ;o)

> > [and assign users to the different apache]. How many Apache can
> > I start ?
> >

> Only a matter of your memory...

How much apaches with mod_perl won't hurt 128 MB NT box ?
(for application with 91 scripts and modules with summary
PERL code 376 KB)
(or how many RAM should I add ?)

> You should also consider to move long running script to good old
(external)
> cgi scripts

I know -  now... ;o)

> > BTW Does anyone know when mod_perl 2.0 is supposed to be released ?
> >

> It should be comming when Apache 2.0 is comming, don't know when this will
> be, but I don't expect it in the near future

It is not good news ;-(. Many fellows can choose meantime PHP instead PERL
solutions ;o( (moreover speed charts  says PHPis a little bit faster than
mod_perl
http://www.chamas.com/hello_world.html)
I like PERL so much so I wouldn't like to be forced (by boss ;o)) some day
start next web apps with PHP ;o(

Best regards,

Waldek Grudzien
http://www.uhc.lublin.pl/~waldekg/