At 05:40 PM 1/28/00 -0500, Deepak Gupta wrote:
>How does connection pooling determine how many connections to keep open?
>
>The reason I ask is that I am afraid my non-modperl scripts are getting
>rejected by the db server b/c all (or most) connections are being
>dedicated to Apache activity.

Apache::DBI keeps one connection open per process per unique connection
string. If you have 175 modperl processes running, be prepared to cope with
as many as 175 database connections.

The source code for Apache::DBI is worth a look -- it's very short and easy
to understand, and then you'll know all there is to know about how it works.
Mark Cogan    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                     +1-520-881-8101
ArtToday      www.arttoday.com