> From: Jeff Beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:04:55 -0700
> To: Bill Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: APACI_ARGS=' ... '
>
> If you're trying for a static build, I use the method described in
> INSTALL.apaci under the heading "The flexible way". Just do "perldoc
> INSTALL.apaci"
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

:) Sorry, tried that section several times; cannot get away from:

mod_perl.c: In function `perl_restart':
mod_perl.c:333: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
mod_perl.c: In function `mod_perl_set_cwd':
mod_perl.c:374: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_sv_setsv' makes pointer from
integer without a cast
mod_perl.c: In function `perl_handler':
mod_perl.c:783: `PL_siggv' undeclared (first use in this function)
mod_perl.c:783: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_perl.c:783: for each function it appears in.)
mod_perl.c: In function `perl_call_handler':
mod_perl.c:1359: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
mod_perl.c:1384: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mod_perl.o'
Current working directory
/export/sneex/home/Apache/apache_1.3.9/src/modules/perl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /export/sneex/home/Apache/apache_1.3.9/src/modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
Current working directory /export/sneex/home/Apache/apache_1.3.9/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build-std'
Current working directory /export/sneex/home/Apache/apache_1.3.9
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build'

Notes:  Apache will build, both as a DSO and as static;  :)
        mod_perl will build, but not with Apache :(
        mod_php will build :)
        mod_php will build as a static with Apache  :)
        mod_php will not build with mod_perl :(
        mod_perl is weirding out on me... :(

Currently I have both mod_perl & mod_php built and installed --
I DO NOT have Apache w/mod_perl & mod_php built yet  :(
Why?  See error(s) above...

Thanks anyway, I've had enough for one weekend  -Sneex-  :|
Bill Jones * Systems Programmer * http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?sneex

                                   ('>   Running -
                                   //\   Perl, Apache, MySQL, PHP3,
                                   v_/_  Ultra 10, LinuxPPC, BeOS...