On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, BeerBong wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I need encrypted access to some directories on some virtual hosts.
>
> I have lightweight proxy apache server and backend mod_perl server.
>
> mod_ssl is not a light thing, and I need encrypt mod_perl'd script results
> only, therefore I think that mod_ssl should be in back-end server. Am I
> right ? Does mod_proxy pass ssl encrypted data?

the only "mod_proxy" that I've seen that will be an SSL client is the one
in stronghold... if there is a public/open source one around somewhere,
I'd love to know...

> And if I'm right and such configuration is possible and correct, are there
> any examples of configuring 2 apache servers
> frontend - mod_proxy
> backend - mod_perl + mod_ssl
> on the net ?
> Any advices are welcome.
>
> Thanx in advance.
> Sergey Polyakov (BeerBong)
> Chief of Web Lab (http://www.mustdie.ru/~beerbong)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | Drive thy business, or it will drive thee.
http://BareMetal.com/  | - Benjamin Franklin
web hosting since '95  |