Hi,

> I am trying to process a file upload with multipart/form-data in a
> nested page that is called with Execute(). I know that
> multipart/form-data can't be processed twice, so I tried a call like
> this:
>
> Execute( {  inputfile => 'process_form.epl',
>            param => [$whatever,\%fdat],
>            fdat => \%fdat,
>            options => optDisableFormData });
>
> I tried to read from the filehandle via %fdat and even via the explicit
> reference from the parameters, and got rather strange results. Whatever
> I do, it works flawlessly with requests from Netscape on Unix platforms,
> but when I do a request with either Netscape or IE from Windows, there
> seems to be no filehandle.
>
> Is there any clean way to parse the file uploads from a nested page ? I
> am very confused about the different behavior depending on the client
> type.

Is the main page (from where you call Execute) also a Embperl page? I guess
yes, then you don't have to pass %fdat and set optDisableFormData, Embperl
will take care for you, just write:

Execute( {  inputfile => 'process_form.epl',
            param => [$whatever],}) ;

or shorter

Execute('process_form.epl', $whatever) ;

Does this change anything?

What version of CGI.pm you have installed? Maybe it will help to upgrade?

If this all doesn't change anything, does it make a difference if you try to
access the filehandle from the main page, instead from the nested page?

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151