We have found the problem.  It was not Apache::Session.  It was our own
module for tracking authenticated users that was maintaining some session
information. There was this bad piece of code that was not doing file
locking correctly in a particular wierd state.

Bad Code...bad code.

Thanks

At 02:01 PM 2/1/00 -0800, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
>Keith Kwiatek wrote:
>>
>> Are you using apache:session?
>
>The blame-everything-on-apache::session business is getting a bit
>tired.  Go back to your workstation and take another look at the code.
>I'm sure you are leaking sessions somehwere.
>
>There are a large number of happy, silent Apache::Session users.
>
>-jwb

Will Wiley                  Sr. Automation Engineer
Wind River Systems,          Platform Engineering
Tel   : +1(510)749-2476       Fax : +1(510)749-2010
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.windriver.com