Does anyone have any experience in using IPC shared memory or similar in
caching data amongst multiple httpd daemons ? We run a large-ish database
dependent site, with a mysql daemon serving many hundreds of requests a
minute. While we are currently caching SQL query results on a per-process
basis, it would be nice to share this ability across the server as a
whole.

I've played with IPC::Shareable and IPC::ShareLite, but both seem to be a
little unreliable - unsurprising as both modules are currently still under
development. Our platform is a combination of FreeBSD and Solaris servers
- speaking of which, has anyone taken this one step further again and
cached SQL results amongst multiple web servers ?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Skipworth

--
|       Peter Skipworth        Ph: 03 9897 1121       |