> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Randal L. Schwartz)
> Date: 03 Feb 2000 06:19:54 -0800
> Subject: Re: RFD: comp.infosystems.www.modperl

> If this is your only motivation to create a news group, I would vote
> no.  When the mailing list traffic gets excessive, it's time to start
> a newsgroup.  That has not yet happened.  In fact, the creation of a
> newsgroup would cause the *dilution* of expert eyeball time on a given
> issue, and would therefore be *detrimental* to the mod_perl community,
> because some experts would choose to read only the mailing list, and
> others would choose to read only the newsgroup.

I have to whole heartily agree. I couldn't, at first glance, find
the mod_perl mailing list; but once I did, the posters here proved
very helpful.  I believe that once more people see the mailing
list and start using it, you will need to start a newsgroup -
however, that doesn't mean that the 'experts' will frequent the
newsgroup more than a mailing list - people tend to start flame
wars more in a usenet setting...
Bill Jones * Systems Programmer * http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?sneex

                                   ('>   Running -
                                   //\   Perl, Apache, MySQL, PHP3,