On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 02:33:30PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> EE> Looking at the front-end server's /server-info, included in the list of
> EE> built in modules, I see:
>
> EE> Module Name: mod_proxy_add_forward.c
> EE> Content handlers: none
> EE> Configuration Phase Participation: none
> EE> Request Phase Participation: Fixups
> EE> Module Directives: none
>
> Is this listed above or below the mod_proxy module itself?  On mine it
> is listed above and it works just fine.

It is listed before the mod_proxy entry. I had considered that building
Apache with different module orders could affect the desired operation.
I've tried various module orders, with no difference in behaviour.  The
latest build uses (from config.status):

./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--prefix=/web/httpd_docs" \
"--activate-module=src/modules/extra/mod_proxy_add_forward.c" \
"--enable-module=proxy_add_forward" \
"--enable-module=include" \
"--enable-module=info" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=proxy" \
"$@"

In my original post, I neglected to mention the proxy method; I'm using
mod_rewrite for the proxy action, and the ruleset I'm using is as
follows:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/images/   - [L]
RewriteRule (.*)\.html$ http://my.backend.server:8080/$1.html [P]

Since mod_rewrite also participates in the Fixups phase, I'm concerned
this might be the cause of the effect. This seems unlikely to me though.

Note that the overall order of modules in the front-end server, as
reported by /server-info is as follows:

mod_proxy_add_forward.c, mod_setenvif.c,
mod_proxy.c, mod_auth.c, mod_access.c, mod_rewrite.c, mod_alias.c,
mod_userdir.c, mod_actions.c, mod_imap.c, mod_asis.c, mod_cgi.c,
mod_dir.c, mod_autoindex.c, mod_include.c, mod_info.c,
mod_status.c, mod_negotiation.c, mod_mime.c, mod_log_config.c,
mod_env.c, http_core.c

Cheers,

--
 // 2  Ewan Edwards {e^2}  -=-=-  Web Developer for CSP Internet

Who were the beta testers for Preparations A through G?