> Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 perl 5.005_03
>
> [notice] child pid 16903 exit signal Alarm Clock (14)
>
> I'm confused by this one.  I was thinking that this was the case of:
> http://perl.apache.org/guide/debug.html#Handling_the_server_timeout_case
>
> Which I though was fixed for $SIG{ALRM} and I didn't need Sys::Signal for
> alarms.  Is something else causing that message?
>

> BTW -- does that message mean that child process was killed?
>
> Here's an example of how I'm using $SIG{ALRM}
>
> eval {
>     local $SIG{__DIE__};
>     local $SIG{ALRM} = CORE::sub { die "Timeout" };

Anonymous sub within package CORE? I've never seen such a code...

Is it possible that:
  CORE::sub { die "Timeout" };
is the same as :
  sub { CORE::die "Timeout" };

which then explains the whole thing? As CORE::die gets the unoverriden
die() back. (die() is overriden by Apache, so your server won't quit
every time something wents wrong with your code...)

Did you run it under debugger?

>     alarm $Flock_Wait_Time;
>
>     flock( LOG_FILE, LOCK_EX )  or die "failed to set lock '$!'";
> };
> alarm 0;  # just in case it wasn't timeout
>
> if ( $@
>

> Bill Moseley
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com