On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> XML and XSLT can provide this. Rather than write pages to a
> specific style with toolbars in the right place, and format things how I
> want them, I can write in XML, and down transform to HTML using a
> stylesheet. When I want to change the look of my site I change the
> stylesheet and the site changes with it. This isn't magic - a lot of
> template systems exist today - many of them written right here for
> mod_perl. But XSLT allows me to leverage those XML skills again. And I
> think authoring XML is easier than most of those template tools (although
> XSLT isn't trivial).

Just a small plug for one of my favorite modules: Template Toolkit is very
easy to use, and a couple of people have written plug-ins for it that
handle arbitrary XML.  If you're working on a project where you need to
turn XML into HTML and want non-programmers to write and maintain the HTML
templates, they may find it easier than XSLT.  Of course, it's a Perl-only
solution.

- Perrin