Hello modperl,

  Yet another mystic thing. I've been messing around with
  IPC::Shareable. The purpose was just simple: create shared memory
  segment on startup, give access to it for all child processes,
  destroy this segment after httpd shutdown. I've encountered a
  strange problem with the last action. I did not understand what's
  going on until I've printed PIDs that execute cleanup to STDERR.
  Then I found that END block IS NOT BEING EXECUTED BY PARENT
  HTTPD PROCESS. Of course httpd child, that is executed with ordinary
  user privileges, cannot destrroy shm object owned by root :(

  Question 2 all, (and especially to Doug): was this behaviour
  implemented 'on purpose', or it is just 'undocumented feature'? ;)

Best regards,
 Ilya                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]