Thanks for such a quick response. I have been in the mod_perl guide before asking the question. I learned from other mailing lists to always look in as many documents to solve your problem before posting a question. Some people get irritated quickly when you ask before looking. I have followed the steps listed below and it seemed like I was not successful. How can you tell that mod_perl was loaded successfully? I am going to re-load RedHat linux 6 again but not load the server software. I will try the steps below to load apache and mod_perl. Thanks for the input.

Ann.

  % cd /usr/src
  % lwp-download http://www.apache.org/dist/apache_x.x.x.tar.gz
  % lwp-download http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz
  % tar xzvf apache_x.x.x.tar.gz
  % tar xzvf mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz
  % cd mod_perl-x.xx
  % perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_x.x.x/src \
    DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
  % make && make test && make install
  % cd ../apache_x.x.x
  % make install