I meant that as a compliment :)

> >   2) it's my attempt at trying to make something OO and extensible
>
> And I would encourage everyone to take a learning cycle, it's fun.
>
> >   3) it has functionality that DumpHeaders doesn't
>
> So extend it.
>
> > (and doesn't 'allow' for
> > by name)
>
> Huh?

DumpHeaders dumps the request headers - it would seem that to add
functionality outside of that at least calls for a name change.  Maybe?  I
dunno...

> >   4) it allows you to track stuff throughout the request
> cycle (for modules
> > that change them)
>
> extend
>

> > Here's the code (minus documentation - if it isn't
> appropriate it isn't.
> > Let me know what you think - I'm open to anything...
>
> It seems to me that these two modules are VERY close in many
> aspects yet
> both have something the other does not.
>
> The two main things I see in DumpHeaders that are not in
> yours are the ability
> to specify a log file (I think yours goes to the standard apache log)
> and the ability to specify which IP addresses to dump headers
> for, this
> is VERY useful when trying to debug a problem on a live site that only
> a few people see, dumping all headers is just too much.
>
> So that said, what would it take to add these two features to yours ?

not much work, I suppose - I'm certainly willing to do it.  I did like the
IP feature when I saw it, and thought of adding it.  The file feature
doesn't strike me, but if folks use it then fine.

> I it could do that, and support the PerlSetVars that
> DumpHeaders uses then it
> could just be a drop in replacement.

Ok...

Since Ask has seniority :) I'll defer to him on this one.  I can either add
his code or we can extend DumpHeaders together...

either way, it's been a good experience for me...

--Geoff