Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Nikki Chumakov wrote:
>
> > mod_perl probaly have memory leakage during rereading configs (e.g. on
> > the apachectl graceful)
>
> do you have PerlFreshRestart On?  if so, try turning it off.  i think dso
> leaks on restart too, try linking static if that's the problem.  a static
> httpd that doesn't have PerlFreshRestart On doesn't run any Perl code, so
> it can't leak.  unless you have <Perl> sections in httpd.conf, do you?

Well, actually I checked without any perl_mod specific config statements in httpd.conf
and without any http requests. With LoadModule/AddModule mod_perl the server grows in
size during every reload, and doesn't grow with AddModule mod_perl commented out.

So, this is apparently mod_perl DSO problem, that happens before compiling any Perl
code.