On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Vivek Khera wrote:

[...]
> Has this bitten anyone else?  Stas, I think you should mention this in
> the guide somehow as something to watch out for when using the proxy
> front-end.  The Rewrite rules are ignored when an Alias expands the
> URI, or so it seems from where I sit.

They're both Trans handlers in the normal case. So if mod_alias runs first
and matches it will return OK and mod_rewrite won't see the request.

So it shouldn't be a surprise. :)

I think the advice to give is to not mix them. mod_rewrite does everything
mod_alias does - (except for ScriptAlias which is not really relevant on
this list anyway) - so if you need mod_rewrite for a set of urls, use it
exclusively.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>