On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:58:47PM +0200, Stas Bekman wrote:

>  <Files *.html>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler Apache::OutputChain Apache::GzipChain \
>                                    Apache::Buffer Apache::PassFile
>  </Files>
>
> This will solve two problems:
>
> 1) chunked gzipped output
> 2) will improve the compression as there will be more input to work on at
> once for the GZip module.

I have a little mental problem: why doesn't NN understand the gzipped
output being chunked? I mean, if the result is a correct gzip (isn't
it?), why doesn't it process it correctly?

Otherwise, as this seems to be a problem of GzipChain only at the
moment, I'll probably vote for Rick's patch or something similar being
done on the Apache::OutputChain level.

But yes, something like Apache::BufferChain would certainly be usefull
and I'll add this into the Apache::OutputChain distribution.

Yours,

 Honza Pazdziora | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
   .project: Perl, DBI, Oracle, MySQL, auth. WWW servers, MTB, Spain.