On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Buddy Lee Haystack wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Can you please provide the technical specifications for the hardware that performed
>these tests.

Sure, but the point here is a comparison and not absolute values,
therefore I believe this doesn't change a thing. Am I wrong?

Anyway, here are the relevant specs:

Both the client (ab) and server were running on the same, quite loaded
machine, where 25% of CPU were eaten by xmms :)

SW:
Perl: version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux
Server: Apache/1.3.10-dev (Unix) mod_perl/1.21_01-dev

HW: Memory: DIMM 256M
CPU:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 5
model           : 4
model name      : Pentium MMX
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 200.460259
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : yes
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
bogomips        : 399.77

I think I've some HW problems as everything is too slow lately :(

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org